Customer Service Job Description
● Serve the customers of Howard’s Medical Supply by offering superior customer service and top quality medical supplies.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and have the ability to solve problems
- Communicate effectively with seniors and people of all ages, smile and make people feel welcome
- Have an ability to use computers, the internet, and Microsoft Office
- Will adhere to company manual and not use any illegal drugs or smoke on the job
- Must be able to make decisions and be a leader
- Must have a high school diploma
- Fitting of medical equipment
- Count money accurately
- Knowing what is and what is not covered by insurances
- Determines the best method for providing services
- Responds to telephone inquiries and orders from homecare patients, doctors and referral sources
- Complies with an adheres to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures and “Best Practices”
- Resolves patient complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action
- Not text messaging while on duty or using the internet for personal use
- Schedules appointments
- Limited marketing on phone, writing, deliveries, and some directly to adult homes, hospices, and doctors
- Variety of other day-to-day requirements to include filing, keeping area’s organized, etc
- Some lifting required (up to 40 pounds, weight of wheelchair)
- Coordinates the delivery, set-up and pick-up of equipment, supplies and services with appropriate personnel
- Depending on the situation a number of things can be added to this list as well
- Manage inventory (let us know when we are out of inventory or running low)
- Keep a clean showroom
- Keeping personal and professional relationships separate
- You must communicate clearly with customers as well as manual dexterity for filing purposes.
● Flexible (20 hours/week) depending on customer traffic; will include occasional Saturdays. Hours will be Monday-Friday, noon-4pm. There is an opportunity that this position grows into a full-time position with benefits if the company continues to grow.
● Varies depending on qualifications.